The longest lunar eclipse of this century is going to take place on Guru Purnima on 27th July 2018. Before this, such eclipse was seen in 1914.The eclipse that takes place on the night of July 27 after 104 years will be 3 hours 54 minutes.
Where Chandra Grahan will be seen?
The wonderful view of hide and seek game of the sun, the earth and the moon will be seen in all over India. If only the monsoon clouds allow. It will be visible over Eastern Africa and Central Asia, seen rising over South America, Western Africa, and Europe, and setting over Eastern Asia, and Australia.
Why it is also called Blood Moon?
The full moon or lunar eclipse occurs when the earth passes between the sun and the moon. A lunar eclipse can occur only on the night of a full moon. Earth completely blocks direct sunlight from reaching the Moon during a total lunar eclipse. The only light reflected from the lunar surface has been refracted by Earth’s atmosphere. Due to this reddish color, a totally eclipsed Moon is sometimes called a blood moon.
Religious significance of Lunar Eclipse July 2018
According to scholars, it is forbidden to eat anything in the eclipse period. People will be able to recite prayers till noon on the day of Lunar Eclipse.
- It is predicted that the lunar eclipse will have bad impact on some zodiac signs and for some it will bring auspicious results.
- Because of this eclipse is in the constellation of Capricorn, the people of this zodiac will need special caution.
Should we fear Lunar Eclipse?
According to many astrologers these are just astronomical phenomena. Thus, there is no need to fear. Such incidents have also happened before. This time the period of this astronomical event is a bit more. But it will not have any impact on humans.
Astrological effects of Lunar Eclipse on 27th July 2018
According to astrologers, the effect of lunar eclipse will be mixed. This lunar eclipse is not considered to be auspicious for the people in army, leadership, ministers, story readers, pundits, industrialists and administrators. Merchants will benefit in business of betel nut, jaggery, oil, rice, gold and ghee.
Facts about Lunar Eclipse on 27th July 2018
- During the longest lunar eclipse of the moon, the Moon will be completely hidden in the Earth’s shadow for about 1 hour and 42 minutes.
- The eclipse will start on July 27 at 11:55 PM and it will reach its peak at midnight on 1:52 AM.
- At the peak Moon will be shadowed by Earth by 116 percent.
- The eclipse will end on 28th July early morning by 3:49 AM.
What should be done during Grahan or Eclipse time?
The doors of the temples are closed during the eclipse times. You should practice abstention. But chanting and reading of mantras should be done at this time. Donating various goods to needy will decrease the ill effects of eclipse and calm negative planets in chart. You should avoid using sharp objects during this time. Pregnant ladies and children should not leave home during eclipse.
Effects of July 27, 2018 Chandra Grahan Effects on Rashi
The eclipse is in Uttara Aṣāḍhā and Shravan Nakshatra. These constellations are of Capricorn. Therefore, people of Capricorn need to be very careful.
- Gemini, Libra, Capricorn and Aquarius will be more affected by the lunar eclipse.
- For Taurus, Virgo and Sagittarius it will be normal.
- The lunar eclipse will be pleasant for the remaining Aries, Leo, Scorpio and Pisces.
For any Astrology consultation Call 8882540540
To stay updated with every new change in Astrology, like our Facebook page : Hindu Astrologer Online